Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Shouts of JOY at Change...

Psalm 105:43 (New International Version)

"He brought out his people with rejoicing, his chosen ones with shouts of joy"


The thing that sticks out to me with the verse this week is that when God led his people they were rejoicing. They were sending up shouts of joy as they went through a change, and change is a scary thing. As I am seeking God to lead me... I mean truly seeking Him & for Him to lead... this tells me that I should beware of the path that has me "kicking and screaming", wanting to cry all the time... the path that feels like a "mighty, holy sacrifice". This is not to say that I don't believe God will ever ask me to do something that is hard or contrary to my fleshly nature. It is just that I believe that, if I am seeking God with a humble, contrite heart in right relationship with Him, He will change me to want to do the hard or contrary thing so that I am rejoicing with shouts of joy when I do it. He is just that good.

Thank you God for leading with rejoicing and shouts of joy!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment