Monday, August 23, 2010

Week of August 23


John 16:24
(Holman Christian Standard Bible)

"Until now you have asked for nothing in My name. Ask and you will receive, that your joy may be complete."

He says "your" joy... my joy. Really? God cares about "my" joy and not just His or other people's. Does this mean that He really wants to do something about it when my heart is breaking?

My heart has been breaking on a rather frequent basis lately. It reached the point last night that I was crying and feeling very "unloved" by my Savior. I mean... I know He gave his life for me. And, I was sure that He loved... me on some level. I am sure that He does not wish me to die and go to hell. I am sure that He gave his life for my eternal salvation, but it is much harder for me to be sure that He really wants me to FEEL joy. But, then today, I opened this verse.

You see, back in May I started a personal study on joy. Circumstance have been less than ideal for me for quite some time. I looked up a whole list of verses on joy that contained a promise of when God wants to give us Joy. I have not been reading every verse each week. I have been opening a verse a week to meditate on and keep ever before me. That means... back in May God knew how I was going to feel last night... and back in May, God put in motion events that would speak volumes of encouragement to me today (August 23). This tells me that He must really be concerned about my emotions. And, He must really want me to experience complete joy.

LORD, please help me and my dear husband through this hard time in life. Please hold us under your protective wing and keep us safe in the strong crevice of your high tower. You said through the prophet Isaiah (Isaiah 40:31) that those who trust in you will find strength. Lord, We need strength. We are trusting in You. Please help us. You said to ask so that our joy may be complete. I am asking now... we need strength and joy, and I am trusting you to provide. -- In Jesus name, AMEN

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment