Tuesday, June 8, 2010







This morning when I was doing my bible reading (before getting out of bed and facing any part of my day without first checking in with the Lord), I could barely hold my eyes open. I read the whole chapter of Acts 6, but I only remember one small portion of what I read. The part that stuck out to me this morning was that when the "lying witnesses" accused Stephen, his face glowed like an angel (Acts 6:13-15). God stood with him and supported him.

When I turned on my computer and signed onto my email, I saw that I had received a RBC Ministries daily devotional. I get them everyday, but I don't always have time to read them. Today, though, I thought I should since I really did not have a very good devotional time before getting out of bed. It was from Psalm 139:7-12. The Psalmist lists terrible places that he could go, but proclaims that "even there [God's hand] will guide me, and [God's] strength will support me". Such encouragement!

So, as I face this summer and the enormous tasks that are before me... even there God's hand will guide me and strengthen me and support me. As He did with Stephen when he faced incredible odds and everyone and everything seemed to be against him.

How awesome & amazing! Oh, how I am so very thankful for that this morning.

God is good... All the time... God is good.

"When adversity strikes us, God is ready to strengthen us." (David Roper in Our Daily Bread)

Thank you Jesus for loving me and holding me safe in the midst of this storm of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment